Please join us for the 43rd Annual Harvest Fest in Downtown Rockford! This year will all the Rockford favorites including the Chili Cook Off, Classic Car Show, Kids Tractor Pull, Trick-or-Treating, Make-It & Take-It Scarecrows, a Scarecrow Contest, BBQ Chicken...read more
Visit the HEART of Rockford for this once a year sale event! Businesses all throughout Downtown Rockford will have mark downs, activities, and fun out on the sidewalks in front of their business! August 1st: 9am - 5pm August 2nd: 9am - 7pm August 3rd: 9am - 5pm Follow...read more
The Rockford Chamber of Commerce presents the Annual Scholarship Golf Outing Thursday, July 25, 2019 at Candlestone Golf & Resort It was a great day for golf, fun activities, raffles, lunch and dinner and so much more! Each year the Rockford Chamber of Commerce...read more
Scholarship Opportunity for 2019 High School Senior
Chamber offers area High School Seniors scholarship opportunity
The Rockford Chamber of Commerce (RCC) wants to promote education in the local area. Each year the chamber offers area students the opportunity to apply for a $1,500 scholarship to further their education. The scholarship award may be used for public, private or community colleges, universities and specialized schools or training programs directly following the student’s graduation from high school.
To apply for the scholarship a student must meet the following requirements:
- Must be a high school graduate in the 2018-2019 school year.
- Must live and attend public or private high school within Algoma, Cannon, Courtland, Plainfield townships or City of Rockford area of Kent County.
If you meet these requirements, please complete the following:
- Complete the RCC Scholarship Application Form below.
- A letter of reference from a high school administrator, coach, teacher, instructor, or Rockford Chamber of Commerce member. This is limited to a one page, typed double-spaced or hand printed document with a signature.
- A response to the essay theme “Opinions in the United States and around the world have become increasingly polarized. How can you as a student and young adult, businesses and the community find common ground to improve quality of life?”
Download: 2019 Scholarship Application Packet – CLOSED
After completing the above, please send to:
Linda Southwick, Executive Director, 17 S Monroe Street, Rockford, MI 49341,
or to: email@example.com Please include subject line: Scholarship Application
Completed applications and essays must be received at the Chamber Office no later than 9am on Friday, February 15, 2019
The RCC Scholarship winner will be notified by March 8, 2019 and announced at the Rockford 15th Annual Community EXPO Saturday, March 16, 2019and will be invited to accept the award on stage. A certificate will be presented to the winner by a member of the Rockford Chamber of Commerce board at their high school honors convocation (if appropriate).